The only constant in life is change. Sometimes the changes are easy to accept and sometimes they are not. Few things that I have learnt from adapting to changes is:
- Learn to hold your own fort – There will be situations when the environment or people around you are just not in sync with your dreams or your beliefs. It is during those times when you need to remind yourself of what you stand for and hold yourself together, knowing that there is a tomorrow with a new start.
- Surround yourself with people and things that make you happy – Don’t go looking for sad stories to read. Watch a happy movie or read a book, grab a coffee and just snuggle to your loved ones. Change is always easier when you have positive vibes and people around you.
- Remember that life is not a straight line – Once you accept that, everything gets easier. Your body and mind will automatically find news ways to adapt and adjust. Be grateful for the good you have and be hopeful that the worse will pass. You always learn from changes.
I have experienced quite a bit of changes myself in the last year. Change of place, job, marital status, friends, environment, etc. The biggest for me has been the weather. Might sound trivial to many but it was a key change for me. I have lived all my life in a place that saw tropical summer. Coming to SF and experiencing 4 weather changes in one day has not been easy. Sometimes when I am dressing up, I think of what will suit the weather or keep me warm rather than what I really want to wear. But then I realised, this has given me opportunities to experiment with my dressing and style. From just having shorts and skirts, my wardrobe now is so much more versatile. From light cardigans to faux fur sweaters, from gorgeous scarves to shawls. From ankle boots to the the suede knee length ones. I guess every dark cloud does have some sort of silver lining. We just need to find it.
Sharing with you today, is one such gorgeous piece of outfit that I had bought to kickstart my first fall in the US. A deep navy blue and mustard cape shawl from H&M. Not only does it keep you warm but it can go with multiple outfits and colours. I paired it with a simple black top and jeans with a pair of brown sunnies,a camel tote and a statement neckpiece to match the overall toasted theme. I wore my favourite deep lip colour for this season , Heather by Anastasia Beverly. You can also wear this shawl with white ,blue , brown or maroon outfits.
MY OUTFIT :
- Mustard Blue Cape Shawl : H&M
- Ankle Length Boots : Forever 21
- Eyewear : Forever 21
- Statement Neckpiece : Street Shop
- Brown Tote : Forever 21
- Watch : Longines
- Deep Red Lipstick : Heather by Anastasia Beverly
- EyeLiner Kohl : Lakme Eyeconic
- Brow : Urban Decay Brow Box
You can shop my look by clicking the products below.
Let me know with your comments below as to what you thought of the look. I would love to know. We heart you,♥ The Crispy Corner Author : Nupur Singh, founder of www.socialnupur.com and a certified image and style consultant. If you would like a personalized style or colour session with us to know what looks best on you email us now on email@example.com or ask me your question here
Instagram : @thecrispycorner Google+ : thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner