Just the way you determine your best colours with the concept of warm and cool, it is also important to know how much contrasting colours can you take. If you are someone who is light haired or has soft features, high contrast colours like outfits with black and white may not be the best for you.You would rather go for a grey and white or grey and black combination.
Houndstooth or dogstooth falls under a high contrast pattern and it may not be the easiest pattern to wear. It can be a bit overwhelming in clothes if you are someone who falls in the light contrast category. In such cases, this print can overshadow you.
So if you want to rock this look here are a few style tips
- If you are someone who cannot take high contrast colours but wish to wear houndstooth then do up your eyes or lips while wearing this print.The right makeup can help you to complement the dramatic nature of this print.
- Pair a houndstooth jacket with light neutrals like white or cream. If you go all black, then add a light colour scarf or necklace around your face.
- You can be creative with houndstooth tops. They actually look great with bright skirts (click to see example). Pair a sleeveless houndstooth top with a bright orange or pink skirt.
- If you are the simple kind, wear a houndstooth top and pair it with a simple jeans with a leather jacket or a long white cardigan.
I recently went on a short trip to New york and wore this chic houndstooth jacket that I got from H&M. I paired it with a simple black top and black moto jeans. As someone who can take medium to high contrast prints in my outfit, I added a bit more drama by wearing a brownish red lipstick and a pair of oversized glasses. Since it was quite cold, I wore my warm and durable knee length boots along with this outfit.
What do you think about the outfit ? Do let me know your thoughts.
MY OUTFIT :
- Houndstooth Coat : H&M
- Black Top : H&M
- Boots : Guess
- Jeans : Top shop
- Sunglasses : Forever 21
- Lipstick : Nyx Red Lipstick
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD
- Compact : Mac Studio Fix
- Brow : Urban Decay Brow Box
You can shop for my look and similar products by clicking the items below directly. Have fun.
We heart you,
♥ The Crispy Corner
Author : Nupur Singh, founder of www.socialnupur.com and a certified image and style consultant. If you would like to a personalized style, image-profiling or wardrobe-audit session or collaborate with her as a blogger, email on email@example.com . You can also ask me your questions here .
Instagram : @thecrispycorner Google+ : thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner