When you think red, you think passion, power and fire. In fact, psychologists even claim that wearing red can change the way people think about you.
Many women I meet however are hesitant to wear red, especially the largely desired red lipstick. Men on the other hand often don’t know how to pull of this fiery hue in their outfits.
Since National Day 2015 is around the corner, we decided to bring you 3 simple ways you can wear this colour without standing out too much.
1. The Red Lipstick
Rihanna eternalized Mac’s Ruby Woo. So did Madonna. Umpteen women I have met wished they could don this beautiful color on their luscious lips but fear looking too inviting or too bold.
If you are one of them, here are a few tips to wear this color yet look relatively subtle
- Choose the right shade – Red has many shades to it and if you are able to identify the right hue, chances are you will be able to pull of red in a very classy way. There are orange red which look best on warm skin tones and blue- red which are perfect for the cooler skin tone.Pink – reds can go either way.Spend some time trying different shades to find your color
- Line your lips – To make sure red doesn’t smudge, make sure you use a red lip liner first and then a matte finish. Don’t forget to check your teeth for any smudges.
- Go for soft curls – Soft curls on your hair will visually give you a more overall subtle look then a poker straight hair style
- Tone down the rest of the makeup – When wearing red, avoid heavy eye makeup and too much blush especially pink blush. Pink and reds can be too jarring together.
Ruby Woo by Mac is a great shade to start off with if you don’t know your color tone or tried a red before. Better yet try it with a simple outfit and see the effect.
2. The Red Pants
Red Pants can be tricky. My golden advice, neutralize.
- Neutrals – Opt for neutral colour tops like black,white and blue when wearing red pants
- Printed whites – If you are too scared of wearing white and red in the fear of looking like Santa claus, wear white tees that have logos or prints. In fact you can go a shade lighter. Cream and red could actually go really well if paired the right way.
- A Darker shade – Men can go a shade darker with red. Maroon pants are classic and look absolutely great with blue shirts.
3. Pulling Off The All red
Men usually don’t wear all red. To women, my biggest tip when wearing a complete red outfit is to not go all matchy-matchy. Don’t wear a red dress with red heels and red clutch. Experiment.
- Opt for nudes – Red dress looks great with nude or cream shoes
- Neutrals again – Go for black,silver or golden bags and clutches rather than red.
- Lips or eye – Either go for a red dress, red lipstick and completely neutral makeup or a red dress with a neutral lipstick and smoky eye makeup. Don’t do both.
- Blazers on the go – Blazers are a great piece of ensemble to neutralize your red outfit. Wear one to tone the redness of your outfit. Alternatively you can also go with another color scarf like an emerald green, blue or black over your shoulders instead of a blazer.
If you have a problem finding the right kind of red dress, need a personalized consultation on fit or just some style and shopping advice contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a session with us. We will help you to find what looks best on you
We heart you,♥
The Crispy Corner
Source : Zalora SG - All the above looks and outfits are from Zalora Singapore, Asia's leading online fashion destination which brings you a huge collection of brands to choose from, the very best and latest.Please visit their website Zalora if you wish to purchase any of the above dresses or more. Enjoy free delivery above 40 SGD.Check out their National Day collections.
Instagram/Pinterest/Google+ : thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner Bloglovin’ : https://www.bloglovin.com/thecrispycorner