Originally coming from Singapore, a very tropical summery country, it has not been easy settling in a cold windy place like San Francisco. I miss my shorts and flip flops. But over time, I figured out ways to keep warm and start enjoying the season.
The trick to escape cold is cover the coldest part of your body. Covering ears, foot, and hands help a lot in keeping you warm.
Some Style Tricks to wear light while staying warm:
- Wear warm inner-wear – Sometimes when I want to wear light and yet keep it warm, I wear warmers inside. In the this look, I am actually wearing the heat-tech Uniqlo sleeveless warmer on the top and leggings inside my jeans. Hence even though I am wearing sleeveless, I wasn’t that cold.
- Wear fuzzy, comfy warm socks and boots – If you make your feet warm, chances are you will feel warm overall. I often make sure I wear thick warm socks inside my boots to keep me going.
- Scarves and Capes – Covering the neck helps a lot. Wear thick cashmere or infinity scarves if you are wearing a flimsy top. Cashmere may be expensive but does a great job to rise up the heat level and it looks lux too. Another tip I give to a lot of people is to opt for capes or long open cardigans. Shops nowadays have very stylish capes that you can wear over a thin dress or top. It helps to show a bit of skin and still stay warm. Make sure though, you buy a good wool cape or cardigan ( cashmere or merino wool) if you really want to stay warm.
My outfit :
I have always loved pop of colours and tribal print so when I bought this top from a street shop in Singapore, I couldn’t wait to share it with you. I wore warmers inside too, to keep me warm. I also draped a black long cardigan around me which might look thin but it was made of a very soft yet warm material. I teemed the outfit with a pair of boots, aviators and dark wine red lipstick.
MY OUTFIT :
- Tribal Print Top : Street Shop, Singapore
- Black Jeans : TopShop
- Black Suede Ankle boots : Forever 21
- Black Open Cardigan : Street Shop
- Watch : Longines
- Stacked Silver Rings : Forever 21
- Deep Red Lipstick : Heather by Anastasia Beverly
- EyeLiner Kohl : Lakme Eyeconic
- Brow : Urban Decay Brow Box
- Compact : Mac Studio Fix
- Bronzer : Too Faced
Shop my look and makeup below
Let me know with your comments below as to what you thought of the look. I would love to know.
We heart you,♥
The Crispy Corner
Author : Nupur Singh, founder of www.socialnupur.com and a certified image and style consultant. If you would like a personalized style or colour session with us to know what looks best on you email us now on firstname.lastname@example.org or ask me your question here
Instagram : @thecrispycorner Google+ : thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner