The Crispy Corner team was lucky enough to attend this years FIDe Fashion Week.The designers were amazing,the collection was exquisite and the whole event was conducted in a flawless way. The more we saw of it, the more we understood that fashion is all about being comfortable in your own skin.
- Fide Fashion Week was conducted over 11 days (9-19th Oct ) at MBS Shoppe,Singapore
- They featured over 15 designers many who are part of the ACF( Asian Coutre Federation)
- Fide Fashion week featured popular models like Sofia Wakabayashi on their runway
5 Designers we loved at Fide
1.Yumi Katsura : Japan
- She specializes in wedding dresses that are considered modern master pieces.
- Her inspiration is the rose and we can see that in many of her designs and collection
- She changed the way Men’s bridal look worked in Japan.She introduced spencer suits,tailcoats and ceremony coats in the men bridal scene
- Her collection this year at FIDe was no lesser than dreamlike with extravagant use of embellishments, flowy dresses and head gears.They were both western and traditional and represented the bridal colours of gold,white,black,silver and blue.
2.Michael Cinco : Philipines
- He is best known for his exquisite coutre gowns and his use of Swarovski crystal embellishments is considered one of his signature styles to mark sophistication in his collection
- Cinco was the first Filipino designer to be featured on the Emmy-award winning reality show, America’s Next Top Model. His collections were featured in the 16th cycle’s eco-couture episode of the America’s Next Top Model.
- His collection this year at Fide featured the classic bold colours of red,black,white and silver.The apparels were mainly gowns which represented the true feminine vulnerable side of women.
3.Guo Pei- China
- Her collection is mainly coutre that reflects the oriental style and speaks strongly of avant garde and fantasy blended together.
- Her designs are entirely hand sewn.Some of her dresses even require more than 50,000 man hours to make.
- Guo Pei started her career as a childrens clothing designer.She created designs for different brands for almost 10 years before realising her calling as a haute couture designer.Her first dress sold for $800 as compared to her dresses now which go up to $800,000.
- Her collection at FIDe this year was in one word exotic.They had a hint of magic and theatre.The designs were extremely fine and attention to detail was given to every part of the couture.
4.On Aura Tout Vou – Bulgaria
- Started by Bulgarian Couturiers Livia Stoianova and Yassen Samouilov
- Specialise in dramatic and larger than life coutre creation
- Their fashion motto is “You think yo’ve seen it all”
- Aura Tout Vu used beetle wing beads, glass,spines,etc in their designs for Fide Fashion Week
5.Julien Fournié – France
- Julien Fournié initially decided to study medicine and took a degree in Biology. After two years he changed career to study fashion.
- An extremely bold designer whose designs speak for him as a person.Julien believes in being able to define moments of a woman’s life through clothing hence many of this themes centre around women giving his collection a very feminine yet edgy touch.
- One of Julien’s earliest work was working as an assistant to Jean Paul Gaultier in haute couture
- Julien’s collection this year was fierce and he used earthy colors like cream,brown,white and black to represent the true yet bold beauty of women.
What we learnt from Fide Fashion Week :
- It is not about how expensive clothes are, it is about how expensive you make it look
- Black is eternal but colors are in this season.Exploit this trend.Red,orange,yellow are the hottest colors you can choose.
- Yes you choose your dress, but it is important to plan the right accessory and makeup for it
- Keep your makeup simple if you dress is the statement piece.
- People notice your shoes.As much as you might overlook them, what you wear on your sole makes an impact.
- Do not be afraid to experiment.It is not always about following the trend but creating the trend.The more you experiment with your clothes the more you will be able to understand your style
- Embellishments are in.If you have en evening wear or a wedding to attend, try and choose a gown or cocktail dress with embellishment.They give you a very elegant classy look
- Tuxedos and suits are in Not for men , but for Women.This season is all about pants and suits .So Suit it up girls