Last week a friend of mine asked me about this whole boho or bohemian lux trend going on and what does it mean when people say ” oh this is so boho”? So what exactly is this whole boho trend and do we need to follow it to be in vogue ?
Well there are 2 things to remember before I explain what exactly “boho” refers to which is very important;
1. No one has to follow any trend to just to look good – Trends are like a pile of resource that keeps getting recycled over the years for us to use. It really depends on how we utilize these resources to create our own style rather it is not what you pull out but how you pull it off.
2. It is ok to ask questions – Just like some people are not into stocks or science, not everyone is interested in Cosmo and Vogue to know fashion terminologies and never-ending changing fashion at the back of their head. So don’t follow trends just because you read about it and have to fit in. If you don’t know ask and then decide if something suits you or not. Always remember being yourself is key.
Now getting back to this whole boho trend,
- What does BOHO mean and where did it originate?
Boho is the short form of Bohemian. This style developed in the late 1960’s and became immensely popular after Sienna Miller appearance at the Glastonbury Festival in 2004. Though the hippies of the 60’s and 70’s embodied this look, the influence of the boho culture can still be seen in festivals like Coachella, Glastonbury, etc.
- What is BOHO fashion?
Boho or the boho chic refers to the style that has hippie or bohemian influence.It is a very earthy and free-spirited look.
- How can I pull of the BOHO style in today’s day and age ?
Of course one can’t dress up like the 60’s with flare pants and floral shirts but we can still incorporate many of the boho elements in our dressing and wardrobe today in bits and pieces. Some of the elements are :
- Lots of suede or brown, basically earthy colours,
- Flowy skirts especially white and floral
- Cowboy and Ugg boots
- Tassels, Fringes and Beads ( in bags and accessories)
- Large faux-coin belts
- Headgears, head chains and bandanas
- Floral and tribal prints ( you can see these in tops, rompers, kimonos and kaftans)
- High Waisted shirts and flare pants
If you have a problem knowing how to follow a particular trend, need a personalized consultation on fit or just some style and shopping advice contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a session with us. We will help you to find what looks best on you
We heart you,♥
The Crispy Corner
Source : Zalora SG - Above looks and outfits credited to Zalora are from Zalora Singapore, Asia's leading online fashion destination which brings you a huge collection of brands to choose from, the very best and latest.Please visit their website Zalora if you wish to purchase any of the above dresses or more. Enjoy free delivery above 40 SGD.Check out their Bohemian collection now and bring out the free-spirit within you.
Instagram: thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner Bloglovin’ : https://www.bloglovin.com/thecrispycorner Pinterest/Google+ : thecrispycorner