Fashion is social but style is personal. I believe everyone has a unique personal style. Some know it and some are yet to discover it, but everyone has it. Style is a way to express our personality, our desires, our ambition and dreams through the medium of clothes. Many say fashion is external but I believe clothing often reflects what we think of ourselves from within, even before others form an opinion of us.
As a fashion blogger, I am constantly discovering what works for me and stands out. As an image consultant, I am constantly helping my clients discover who they are, what they stand for and how to express that through their clothes. The learning never stops.
Some of the tricks that you can use to discover and create your own personal style are :
- Thinks of all the times that you felt good about yourself, times when you felt confident and powerful.What were you wearing then? Go through your wardrobe and set those outfits aside.
- Out of those outfits that you set aside, think of all those times that someone complimented you for wearing any of them. Put those aside.
- If you can’t recollect, pick 3 outfits that you like, try them on and see how you feel in them. Would you be confident to wear them to the most special day of your life?
- Once you have set 3-4 outfits which satisfy all the criterias, figure out what is common between the styles of these outfits- That my dear is your personal style.
Personal Style is about how you feel when you wear something. It is all about the inner power. No matter how good an outfit is, if you can’t feel confident in it, you will never be able to carry it off.
My personal style these days is inclined towards the art of minimalism.Keep it simple is my mantra and I try to follow this in all aspects of my life.Fashion is just one way to represent it. I adore neutral pieces. Colours like grey, black, taupe, military green and pastel pink dominate my wardrobe. I enjoy an ensemble consisting of a pair of sneakers, loose sweater and slashed jeggings. If I have to glam it up, I try to up the notch with some statement accessories or a bright shade of lipstick.
The below outfit is a representation of my style and my desire to be minimalistically chic. I pair a sleeveless flannel blue shirt dress over a plain black top and high waisted jeggings. Topped it with my favorite Taylor Swift Champion keds and an oversized sunglasses.
What do you think about the outfit ? Do let me know your thoughts.
MY OUTFIT :
- Black Basic top : H&M
- Blue plaid sleeveless longling shirt – Forever 21
- Slashed Jeggings : Clothes Envy
- Sneakers : T-Swift by Keds
- Rings : Forever 21
- Sunglasses : Forever 21
- Lipstick : Topanga by Colorpop
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD
- Compact : Mac Studio Fix
- Brow : Urban Decay Brow Box
- Highlighter : Benefits Watts Up
You can shop for my look and similar products by clicking the items below directly. Have fun.
We heart you,
♥ The Crispy Corner
Author : Nupur Singh, founder of www.socialnupur.com and a certified image and style consultant. If you would like to a personalized style, image-profiling or wardrobe-audit session or collaborate with her as a blogger, email on email@example.com . You can also ask me your questions here .
Instagram : @thecrispycorner Google+ : thecrispycorner Twitter :thecrispycorner Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thecrispycorner