1. Talk about your day – Yes, we all have busy days and there will be days you will not be able to talk to each other much. But it is healthy to try and share what happened all day long. Ask and talk about how the day went, what you ate, how is your mood. This shows you care to invest time in knowing what is going on in your partners’ life. Sharing basic stories about your routine connects you closer to each other. Carve time out for it on a daily basis esp. before you sleep.
2. Eat together – Food is a great way to bond upon. Try and go out for dinner/lunch at least twice a week esp. if you don’t stay together. Watch a nice movie while eating, cook a meal together or try different restaurants. Food is a great excuse to bring you closer to your partner.
3. Kiss and hug more often – With today’s hectic fast paced life, physical intimacy might sometimes become a challenge but it doesn’t take much to kiss or hug. Sometimes they work better in fact. It gives your partner a sense of closeness, comfort and security. Try and kiss when you meet or before you sleep. Make this a key act of greeting in private or in public.
4. Wish each other goodnight– this helps to express that you think about your partner before you sleep. It is intimate, short yet has a great effect. Try it out. Sometimes you might not be able to call, so just drop a loving SMS and you will notice the difference in your partners’ mood the next day.
5. Learn to be a good listener – This is one of the most important quality that many of us still need to learn. It is easier to talk and tell your side of the story. It is easier to cut the other person in between and explain yourself and it is easier to go on lengths about what you feel and how no one understands you. Gaining sympathy is less tougher than providing support. But to have a great understanding between each other, try and sometimes listen just the way you want to be heard. Be patient with your partner while they talk. Let them complete before you put your point. Try and understand where they are coming from rather than how they are behaving and this can only be achieved if you focus and listen to them.
If you have a question for us or need advice, feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or pm us on https://www.facebook.com/TheCrispyCorner. We will maintain your anonymity.Alternatively,you can also hashtag us on twitter #thecrispycorner and we will respond.
Follow us now on twitter/pinterest/FB/instagram : thecrispycorner